Your Donations at Work
Our mission is to raise money to provide educational materials and training equipment to organizations teaching self-defense and rape prevention classes. To date, Stand Up! for Women's Safety has:
- Purchased self-defense equipment from which over 1,000 women have benefited by taking the R.A.D. (Rape, Aggression, Defense) Program or Krav Maga (Israeli Martial Arts Self-Defense Training).
- Offered self-defense classes at local schools and businesses, and sponsored a special self-defense class in South Boston in August 2013.
- Sponsored annual self-defense evening activities at Camp Tevya in Brookline, NH.
- Sent local school employees to be trained to become R.A.D. instructors.
- Sponsored Lieutenant Billy Spalding of the Newton, MA Police Department to attend R.A.D. instructor training sessions, so that he can train others to become R.A.D. instructors.
We are looking forward to expanding our efforts in training more women in self-defense.
The Miriam Fund Grant
Stand Up! For Women’s Safety is honored to receive a grant from The Miriam Fund, an organization committed to inspiring and enriching the lives of women and girls. Through their ongoing generous support, Stand Up! For Women’s Safety is able to continue providing educational materials and bringing empowering events to women of all ages teaching them valuable skills for self-defense and protection.
To provide educational material and purchase additional equipment for self-defense classes. We hope to encourage all communities to follow our Newton, MA model and offer self-defense programs to students and women.
Stand Up! for Women’s Safety Foundation Hosts Summer Camp Self-Defense Seminars
This past summer, Stand Up! for Women’s Safety, founded by the Konowitz family of Newton, MA, hosted self-defense classes at three camps this summer; Camp Tevya, Camp Micah, and Camp Young Judea. The seminars were funded by a grant that was donated to the foundation by The Miriam Fund.
Stand Up for Women’s Safety has worked with Camp Tevya consecutively, over the past five summers, running a successful program each year. This was Micah and Young Judea’s first year introducing the self-defense class into their curriculum and the response at this camp was also hugely favorable. The director of each camp had high remarks and praise for the program, expressing appreciation from both the staff and participants.
"They absolutely loved it! Many of them said it was a ‘must’ for next year and was one of their highlights of the summer,” said Camp Judea director Marcy Kornreich.
The Stand Up! for Women’s Safety foundation will continue to host similar programs, as they have been proven to successfully empower and equip women with the skills and knowledge needed to keep themselves safe.
For more information, contact Stand Up! For Women’s Safety by phone at (781) 489-1069 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.