Your Donations at Work
With your support, Stand Up! for Women's Safety has been able to:
- Purchase self-defense equipment through which thousands of women have benefited from the R.A.D. (Rape; Aggression; Defense) Systems Program, and Krav Maga (Israeli Martial Arts Self-Defense) training.
- Host numerous self-defense classes at schools and businesses throughout New England.
- Sponsor annual self-defense classes at various New England young women’s summer camps, teaching hundreds of young women critical self-awareness and personal protection skills.
- Provide the opportunity for dozens of local school employees to become R.A.D. certified instructors.
- Sponsor Captain William Spalding of the Newton, Massachusetts Police Department to attend R.A.D. Systems instructor training sessions and to train others to become official R.A.D. instructors.
We are looking forward to continued expansion of our efforts, and training many more women in self-defense in the upcoming years.
The Miriam Fund Grant
Stand Up! for Women’s Safety is honored to be the recipient of a grant from The Miriam Fund, an organization committed to inspiring and enriching the lives of women and girls. Through their ongoing generous support, Stand Up! for Women’s Safety is able to continue providing educational materials and bringing empowering events to women of all ages, teaching them valuable skills for self-defense and protection.
The Stand Up! for Women’s Safety Foundation Proudly Hosts Annual Summer Camp Self-Defense Seminars Throughout New England
Stand Up! for Women’s Safety, founded by the Konowitz family of Newton, MA, continues to host annual self-defense classes at women’s summer camps throughout the New England area. These seminars are funded by a grant graciously donated to our foundation by The Miriam Fund.
Introducing self-defense classes into the camp curriculum has been hugely favorable according to the participants and staff. The Directors and staff at every camp had high remarks and praise for the program, expressing appreciation from both the staff and participants.
"The girls absolutely loved it! Many of them said it was a ‘must’ for next year and was one of their highlights of the summer,”
–Marcy – Camp Director
The Stand Up! for Women’s Safety foundation will continue to fund and host similar programs, as they have been proven to successfully empower and equip women with the skills and knowledge needed to keep themselves safe.
For more information on how you can help, please reach out to Stand Up! for Women’s Safety via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stand Up! for Women’s Safety: In The News
Stand Up! for Women’s Safety has been interviewed in Cosmopolitan Magazine, CBS Boston, WickedLocal, and New England Cable News. The foundation has also been featured in publications like The Jewish Advocate, The Newton Tab, and The Newton Patch.